These are all the WoGEs I posted, nicely collected, without any hints (sometimes I gave some clues in the introduction of the post) and direct links to the JPEG file, so there is no danger of accidentally reading the solution.
My current score is 14, so I'm only 46 WoGEs behind Ron Schott. (As of 18 March 2011.) Things haven't improved since last I checked…
Speaking of Ron Schott – my Schott number1 is 1.
Now, here are the WoGEs, grouped by year, sorted from new to old.
2012 (2 puzzles)
18 March 12 – WoGE 336:
27 February 2012 – WoGE 332:
2011 (2 puzzles)
10 March 2011 – WoGE 274:
24 February 2011 – WoGE 270:
2010 (1 puzzle)
This was a rather bleak year, with just one WoGE solved. Sometimes, I just missed where it was; sometimes it was too hard for me. But most of time, I just didn't get around to trying it.
20 June 2010 – WoGE 207:
2009 (3 puzzles)
22 December 2009 – WoGE 178:
13 September 2009 – WoGE 174:
5 September 2009 – WoGE 172:
Before that, nothing happened for almost a year.
2008 (6 puzzles)
Between 129 to 143, I was quite successful.
9 October 2008 – WoGE 143:
My winning streak peaked in summer 2008:
15 July 2008 – WoGE 141:
30 June 2008 – WoGE 135:
18 June 2008 – WoGE 133:
3 June 2008 – WoGE 131:
1 June 2008 – WoGE 129:
Not really or not completely by me
The mysterious stranger who goes by the name of “pl” solved WoGE94 (see below), which was hosted by A Thin Section, but selected by me. He doesn't have a blog of his own, so I hosted his WoGE 95:
I was just a little bit too slow for WoGE 93, so JMA (A Thin Section) beat me to it. So she/he scored, but offered to host my picture as his/her next WoGE 94:
- The definition of a person's Schott Number is similar to the Erdős Number:
- Ron Schott has a Schott Number of 0.
- Anybody who hosted a WoGE solved by someone with a Schott number of n has Schott number n+1.
Compared to Erdős and Bacon numbers, the Schott number has some advantages:
- You don't have to write complicated math papers.
- You don't have to act in Hollywood movies.
- Ron Schott being alive makes it in principle possible for anybody to get a Schott number of 1. No such luck with your ambition of a Erdős number of 1.
- Ron's omnipresence and omniscience in all matters WoGE ensures that everybody's WoGE number converges to 1 in a very finite amount of time.